Welcome to the Internet home of Indian Oasis Elementary School Primary. Our community-centered school serves students in beautiful southern Arizona. We are located about 60 miles from Tucson in the Tohono O’odham Nation within Pima County. We are proud to serve our community as we instill a love of learning, community, and culture into our students.
Our new website is our online voice, and we know you will find it helpful and the first place to go for information about our school and your child’s education. Our News page and calendar will keep you up-to-date on important dates and events, while you can find parenting information and study resources on our Web Links page. We hope you find our website helpful and informative!
We are thrilled to welcome your family to Indian Oasis Elementary School Primary Campus. It is amazing that school is right around the corner and on July 13, we will have our students back on our campus ready to learn!
We are looking forward to this year as we embark on new adventures from moving students to the next academic level, growing our relationships with parents and community members, to strengthening the Tohono O’odham cultural in our school. All of which will take us to new learning and expectations that will ensure our students’ success. We hope that as you start to think about back to school you would consider partnering with us here by volunteering, attending events, and supporting our students.
Important details to know:
- School is from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Thursday is our early release day where we will dismiss students at 11:30 a.m. (starting July 20).
- Students can arrive to campus after 7:15 a.m. to go to the cafeteria for breakfast until 8:00 a.m.
- We expect students in their classrooms ready to learn at 8:00 a.m. Please be sure your child had breakfast or was here prior to 8:00 a.m. to complete his/her breakfast.
- Please adhere to the uniform policy that is located in the school handbook.
- If you need to change the mode of transportation for your child, please understand that all changes need to be completed by 10:00 a.m. daily to ensure safety for all students. When needing to make changes please contact us by e-mail or by phone 520-719-1230.
- Be sure to have registered or reenrolled your child prior to the first day of school. Please go to the front office to complete all necessary paperwork.
- Meet the Principals (all principals will be present) Wednesday, July 5 from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. at the district office prior the governing board meeting.
- Back to School Bash will be Friday, July 7 at the Intermediate Campus 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- First Day of School is Thursday, July 13, which is a full day from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Meet the Teacher Night is Wednesday, July 26 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Fall Parent Teacher Conferences will be Thursday, October 12. Our goal is to meet with every family this is why we have extended the hours for these conferences from 12:30-7:00 p.m. Please plan to schedule a time with your child’s teacher to support his/her growth.
- Additional events, assemblies, and a full calendar will go home with students in their back to school materials.
Finally, I am very excited to join the Indian Oasis Elementary School Primary Campus family and look forward to meeting your family soon.